Moving to Lincoln College for university can be an exciting but overwhelming experience. There’s so much to think about, and it can be tough to know what to bring with you. To help make the transition a little easier, here are 10 important things to bring with you when moving to Lincoln college for university.
- Bed sheets, pillows, and a comforter. You’ll want to make your dorm room feel like home, and cosy bedding is a must. Don’t forget to bring a few extra sheets and pillowcases, too. Most new residents will be moving into a room with a King Single bed so buy your sheets accordingly!
- Towels, a shower caddy, and toiletries. You’ll need to carry all the essentials for showering and getting ready each day. Don’t forget to pack your shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and other toiletries.
- It’s a good idea to bring any necessary medicine, heat packs, band aids, vitamins, and sunscreen with you to Lincoln college. These items can be essential for maintaining your health and well-being, and it’s always better to be prepared in case of any minor injuries or illnesses.
- A laptop and other tech essentials. You’ll need a laptop or computer for classes, so make sure to bring one with you. You’ll also want to bring a phone charger, headphones, and any other tech essentials you might need.
- Bringing board games or card games to Lincoln College can be a great way to make friends. Playing games can be a fun and easy way to bond with others, and it can be a great icebreaker if you’re looking to meet new people. Plus, having games on hand can provide a good activity for downtime or for when you want to relax and unwind with friends.
- Bowls, cups, plates, and cutlery will be supplied by the College. However, many students find it useful to bring their own reusable water bottle, keep cup, and mug for after-hours tea or hot chocolate. .
- A laundry basket, detergent, and fabric softener. You’ll need to do your own laundry in college, so make sure to bring a laundry basket, some pegs and all the essentials.
- Given Adelaide’s frequent temperature changes, it is advised that students bring clothing that may be worn in a variety of climates. This includes a hat for sun protection and a raincoat or umbrella for occasional showery days. Additionally, you’ll require appropriate dress for formal meals as well as any costumes or clothing that fits your O-Week theme (which will be revealed before you join us). But keep in mind that you only have one wardrobe, so you don’t have to pack everything.
- A set of towels and washcloths. You’ll need towels and washcloths for showering, drying off, and cleaning up. Make sure to bring a few extra, just in case.
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude. University can be stressful at times, but it’s important to stay positive and have a good time. So make sure to bring a sense of humour and a positive attitude with you when you move to Lincoln college.
Overall, moving to a residential college for university is an exciting and rewarding experience. Just make sure to bring all the essentials with you, and you’ll be set for success. Good luck!